Are you seeking rehab treatment in California?
Getting quality support is critical when someone chooses to begin recovering from drug or substance abuse. Support from loved ones is crucial, but trained drug counselors and therapists can be a huge help too.
A trained addiction specialist can help provide needed guidance and healing in an environment designed particularly to promote recovery. But, like any service, getting superior addiction treatment services is important for a superior outcome.
So if you’re looking for the best rehab in California for you, read on to find out what to look out for.
Finding a Rehab Center That Work with Your Schedule
Recovery takes commitment — a mental commitment and a time commitment. “You only get out what you put in,” they say.
Thirty days of treatment is a standard stay at a residential rehab. In residential treatment, the recovering person can go through a needed drug detox and receive adequate counseling to kick start their sobriety.
Many people in recovery may need longer than 30 days, however. Recovery from addiction is a process that doesn’t happen overnight, nor does it happen over 30 days. Many people in recovery continue getting support through outpatient care.
Below you will find what you might get out of inpatient and outpatient drug rehabilitation.
While it’s not always necessary, inpatient rehabilitation is generally regarded as the gold standard of addiction treatment. And it is for a good reason.
Addiction and substance use disorders are real psychiatric disorders that take time to heal. Unfortunately, the nature of substance use disorders can make a person a threat to their own wellbeing. And the only way to prevent further damage and begin healing is to stop using drugs and alcohol. That’s easier said than done.
Residential rehab makes the recovery process easier to begin and maintain. Residential rehab provides stabilizing inpatient care around the clock to manage the detox process and aid a person through the tough early stages of recovery.
Residential rehab greatly reduces the chances of relapse because the person is constantly immersed in a substance-free space. A client may also get the proper medication needed to reduce their cravings and reduce their withdrawal symptoms.
Living in residence at a rehab, a person can get therapy and counseling daily while in a supportive environment. Wavelengths Recovery programs also offer fun activities and holistic therapies to make the process more enjoyable, making the patient healthier and happier.
Some people start their recovery with outpatient services; each person has their own reason for doing so. There are reasons for and against starting recovery with outpatient treatment.
Someone may not have the luxury to admit into a residential facility, because of business obligations. Similar reasons such as school, sports, or children might prevent a person from being able to temporarily move away from home.
Outpatient treatment may be the best option for people unable to afford the time commitment. However, addiction programs can be flexible.
Wavelengths Recovery is one Rehab in California that provides executive treatment, allowing clients to receive appropriate amenities and find time to meet crucial obligations. For those who don’t find themselves the business executive type, you can have an outpatient plan tailored to your needs too.
An outpatient program can provide all the beneficial therapy and drug counseling an inpatient program can provide. Different levels of outpatient care will allow you to get these services at varying intensities.
The three common outpatient programs are usually defined as:
- Partial hospitalization — the most intensive outpatient program that requires six hours of treatment a day, five days a week.
- Intensive outpatient — a moderate level of care that asks for three hours a day, five days a week.
- Outpatient — an addiction treatment program offering one hour of treatment three days a week.
It’s common for people to move down the ladder of care from residential down to outpatient treatment. This way the person in recovery can ease themselves back into a normal daily routine.
Getting the Best Addiction Treatment
What does treatment in a recovery program look like?
Treatment for varying addictions are different, but the one standard is therapy. Some addictions, particularly addiction to alcohol, benzodiazepines, and opioid addiction, may require medication to reduce cravings, acute withdrawal symptoms, and post-acute withdrawal symptoms.
Whichever treatment center you choose, you should make sure they tailor a program that is designed to meet your needs and goals.
Wavelengths Recovery’s California Rehabs recognizes a range of therapeutic options that benefit one’s recovery.
Addiction Treatment options can include:
- Individual counseling — to provide one-on-one therapy so a client can privately address personal personal issues and trauma that have led to drug abuse. Licensed therapists can provide different evidence-based therapy models like cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, or even family therapy. Individual counseling can also better treat those who have co-occurring disorders with a substance use disorder.
- Group therapy — to allow a person in recovery to relate with other people in similar circumstances. Hearing about another person’s journey can help you find strength in your own struggles. Group therapy can also provide a needed support system of understanding people.
- Faith-based treatment — to practice introspection and self-discovery while looking towards a higher meaning of life. A christian-centered approach is common in California, but it is not necessary for recovery; belief in any god or religion is not necessary for recovery. However, faith in some aspect can truly aid recovery — whether it is faith in oneself or faith in a higher power. A good treatment center will promote your practice whichever faith works for you.
- Holistic Treatment — to treat a person as a whole. Holistic therapy is sometimes viewed in a negative light as a pseudoscientific therapy. What is really meant by holistic treatment is healing a person physically and mentally. Holistic modalities include whole food nutrition, exercise, yoga, meditation, and enjoyable activities like equine therapy. The goal of holistic treatment is to reintroduce healthy habits into one’s life.
Choosing the Best Rehab in California for You
Ultimately, the best California rehab option for you is unique to your needs, wants, and financial standing.
Location is another important factor for choosing a great rehab facility. Some may prefer a local treatment center. Others may prefer more of an addiction treatment retreat.
Wavelength Recovery has locations in both Northern and Southern California that may best fit your needs:
- Southern California Rehabs: Huntington Beach Rehab Centers are seen by many as an attractive retreat away from home, allowing clients to live with comfortable accommodations and breathtaking views.
- Northern California Rehabs: Sonoma County Rehab Centers are another attractive option bay area locals may find fits their needs.
You should also check to see which programs best fit your expectations for alcohol and drug rehabilitation. You should make sure that their program can provide any of the specific therapies, medications, or amenities that you may hope for.
Talking to an admissions specialist for a California treatment center will help you find out what is right for you.
It doesn’t matter where you are now, as long as you find your recovery. Drugs and alcohol have taken enough for you. Get control of your life, contact an admissions specialist today!