Recovery is not an easy task. It takes time and requires motivation.
One problem many people starting their recovery face is where to start their sober journey. Your surroundings and support system can make a tremendous difference in the early stages of recovery. And of course, an experienced treatment center staff with quality services is important.
Wavelengths Recovery’s Rehab Retreat and Addiction Treatment Center in Huntington Beach, CA provides all the quality care one might want when looking for a relaxing environment to start their recovery. Our primary treatment center is just 2 blocks from the beach and our residential facilities are close by with beautiful views and comforting amenities.
Starting Treatment With Detoxification
The first stage of recovery typically entails detox. When a person continuously abuses a substance, they will build a dependency on that substance. This is true for nearly all drugs.
Substance dependence is characterized by withdrawal symptoms that continue after a person has stopped using their substance of choice.
Signs of substance dependency include:
- Increased tolerance and usage amounts to achieve desired high
- Withdrawal symptoms that follow decreased usage or initial sobriety
- Spending time recovering from drug or alcohol hangovers
- Spending significant time obtaining drugs or alcohol
- Decreased enjoyment and withdrawal from previously enjoyable activities
- Continued usage despite mental, physical, social, family, and career consequences
In a supervised detox at a treatment facility, you can more safely and comfortably move through the detoxification stages of recovery. While detox and withdrawals vary greatly from substance to substance and person to person, it is always recommended that a person struggling with a substance abuse issue get the 24/7 supervision and medical help that they need.
Less severe symptoms of drug or alcohol withdrawal can include:
- Mood issues
- Cognitive Issues
More severe symptoms of drug or alcohol withdrawal can include:
- Delirium tremens
- Rapid heart rate; increased blood pressure
To avoid severe complications of withdrawal, addiction specialists can administer nutrients and medicines needed to counteract the effects of withdrawal. It is crucial during the first couple weeks of withdrawal to seek this help.
Drug Rehabilitation and Counseling
After a person has detoxed, they can focus more on the true rehabilitation process. Recovery is too often unsuccessful without proper healing of one’s mind, body, and spirit. At Wavelengths Recovery, we give our clients the tools and education they need to maintain their recovery.
Treatment for substance abuse includes psychotherapy, counseling, and sometimes medications. Effective treatment utilizes these methods to address multiple needs of the person in recovery.
The golden standard of rehabilitation is behavioral therapy.
Behavioral therapy can come in various forms:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy — which helps clients recognize, avoid, and cope with circumstances in which they are most likely to relapse.
- Motivational interviewing — which helps clients find the motivation to take on recovery seriously and make positive changes in their lives.
- Positive reinforcement — which can incentivize and encourage abstinence from drugs and alcohol.
- Relapse prevention — which is an educational approach that helps those in recovery understand and avoid triggers in their everyday lives.
- Mindfulness — which can positively impact emotional regulation by encouraging people to live in the moment and help those in recovery be more aware of their thoughts and emotions.
Attending a Retreat-Style Rehab
Let’s be honest. Recovery is not fun — at least in the early detox and withdrawal phase. But, attending a rehab retreat in a place like Huntington Beach with fun things to do may make the experience less stressful and more bearable. And, that’s what we aim to do here at Wavelengths Recovery.
Our goal is to make recovery the most positive experience possible. We want to show you that life without drugs and alcohol can be pleasant and rewarding.
Along with the above-listed modalities, we offer a holistic approach — Alchemy Wellness — that includes wholefood nutrition, exercise, yoga, physical therapy, meditation, acupuncture and other exciting activities that are meant to increase the enjoyment of your retreat stay.
We believe that our Huntington Beach treatment center and residential facilities provide the best rehabilitation experience in Orange County, CA. And, what better place to start your sobriety than the beautiful coast of California!
Start Your Recovery on the California Coast!
Check out our Huntington Beach Rehab Centers to view our incredibly comfortable residences located in Surf City USA!
Our experienced staff is ready to open our doors to you and welcome you into recovery and a promising future. Along with beautiful surrounding scenery, our comprehensive addiction treatment plans will be tailored to your needs and liking. We even offer advanced care and amenities for those businessmen and women who require special care through our executive treatment program.
Fill out the form on this page to get in contact with our admission specialists. Or, dial 855-799-6869 to talk to one of our staff members now!